Friday, December 12, 2008

"Vaarnam Aayiram"- a movie so close to my heart!!!!

   Being my first post,I just wonder wat to write....But I know 4 sure that I really wanted to.....Lemme try writin about somethin that has been in my mind for a quiet a few days...Somethin which has been a buzz, somethin which many of us are familiar with...May be "Movies"....
    Movies ve always been fantasies for me...Watching heroes demolish 'Goliath villains" ve always been a source of entertainment to me...Though I find it difficult to sit in a movie hall patiently for 3 hours, I was used to this habit during my college days...I  hated to spend time in movies during my school days...But being in a movie hall with friends and makin fun of really stupid movies were fun during my college days....We ve watched stupid movies for the happy moments we spend in the movie halls... I ve not been able to enjoy movies because of the difference the portrayals have with my life..The gaps were huge to be filled up with these supernatural heroes kinda movies....Over the period of time this made my liking towards the movies to take a defensive step...This may also be due to the maturity, my life has brought me over the ages...Or it may be due to the surge for characters close to me and my life...Overall I feel that this has certainly improved my taste for good cinema...
    In a place like Madurai, hangouts with friends always take the form of cinema halls...Though am not a movie buff, movies meant quality time spent with friends. Movies have always managed to deserve a minimal effect from me as I have always left them in the hall once done. As I said earlier I attribute this to the huge gap perceived between my normal life and the one depicted by the "superheroes". I ve not failed to associate me with certain down to earth movies which have come once in a long while in this modern age of tinsel town. The likes of "Kabhi Khushi Kabhi Gham" have also found their own way into the audiences.These family dramas have managed to gain my attention as I share a strong bonding with my family. I remember watchin "K3G" all alone while my friends watched "Animal", an english flick which was on the adjacent theatre..I enjoyed the movie as I could easily associate the value with what I share with my family..After a very long wait, I had the opportunity to see the movie, "Vaarnam Aayiram". I had listened to the music album before.It had everything in its offering from a folk("Anjala") to rock stuff( "Adiyae Kolludhey")...It had the mixture of everything and it seemed like the Gautham-Harris magic worked again...Am always exposed to good music...I have the liberty to enjoy them even at my workplace....The music was soon a chartbuster...By the time the movie set expectations sky high and when I knew that Surya plays a dual role,playin both the dad and the son, I was totally on to it...We booked the tickets the for the first day's night show...But I was also  asked to be a part of another group to watch the movie again the next day...Wonder how people liked me for my "commentary" during a movie!!!! 
   The movie was an apt portrayal of a father and son coherence. I was moved to tears many a times during the movie despite my friends' rags about the movie. Many close associates of mine have recognised the likes of my life in that movie..May be because of the fact that its a "life drama" kinda movie. But people close to my heart would certainly identify me in that movie. The father and son bonding was an extra ordinary portrait and the crew would be remembered for their good work.The movie is all about a son who admires his father in each and every aspect of life. Kudos for Surya for his efforts to show the lives of both the dad and the son. The movie was equally good from the technical aspects as well. Movies of this sort should be encouraged as this would ensure "good fight" from the rest. Movies that ve touched upon the role of fatherhood are really minimal. This would certainly reinforce the importance of fatherhood on one's own life. In this modern age where we spend less time with our parents, this movie would emphasize the parental care without which we would be devoid of such a wonderful life. This movie also rejuvenates the old school days and the "Bullyish" things we would have done.

   Towards the end, it has made me realise that it is high time that I start living my life for my parents who ve spent theirs' building mine.
   
   This movie also manages to ring the alarms cautioning people about the perils of smoking... The father would succumb to his throat cancer( he being a chronic smoker)...many have infact backed away from a ciggy after remembering the father vomitting blood..

    If U have felt the same about the movie, then I think I ve managed to achieve somethin out of this post...If U dont agree with me, may be I ll ve have my next text posted with a higher degree of commoness without any biasing, the next time...But ultimately is Ur comments that count....POst Ur comments and make me a good blogger....

6 comments:

  1. Nice style da...
    The build up is really good.

    Its unfortunate that the movie of this type is not getting appreciative response from majority of the people.

    Keep blogging, explore different areas, read more books, exercise your gray cells...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice to see ur blog .. keep going on man....... Add more exciting...

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  4. hi anna janani here...... nice blog... it kinda gave me a feeling of all dat i have missed by not going 4 movies wid frnds during coll.... u made me feel as though i have missed a great part of my life... anyways u have a good style of expressing urself... all d best 4 ur future blogs...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Although its about an movie,it touches my heart.I just love to read this blog and can understand ur feelings.so keep going on man

    ReplyDelete
  6. you are actually good in speaking english nice :D

    ReplyDelete